Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm going to be late to the Branch Leadership Team meeting, but I'm excited that I'm finishing up the 2.0 items. Week 9 was probably the easiest of all because I have researched many of these items already. I love YouTube!!!! And between YouTube and podcasts (Things 20 and 21), I think we could do some really great training videos and recordings. I read through the podcast instructions, but I also attended some meetings about this over a year ago when Gloria and I went to the Learning Conference in Orlando. I think we really need to develop some training scenarios and let staff persons play the various roles -- it would be fun and probably "stick with" people more to see and/or hear it "live" so to speak. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Technology Department was buying or has purchased some of the equipment we would need to get started on this. . .so does anyone want to write a script?

I also have downloaded books and/or dvds (Thing 22). . .of course, the fact that MyDVD has one of my favorite John Wayne movies available (The Angel and the Badman) helped a lot!

In summary, this whole 2.0 thing has been a great learning experience. But, quite frankly, it is overwhelming (exciting, too, of course. . .all the new technologies that spring from each new thing), but it scares me a little, too. I just read Jeffrey Deaver's book, "The Broken Window," one of his Rhyme mysteries. . .but the plot centers around a company that mines data about everyone and, quite frankly, knew everything about everyone down to their last purchase within 20 minutes. Although it was fiction, of course, it does make one wonder about how much of ourselves we're putting out there for the world to see when we log into all these sites, use all of these technologies that contain our name and/or a profile. What will the next few years (or even months) bring? Wow!

Deirdre, thanks for instigating this and helping us all through it!!!!

1 comment:

Deirdre said...

You are welcome! Thanks for taking the time to complete it. :)